So at 8 a.m. the doctor broke my water, and my little girl was in my arms at 10:29 a.m. 2.5 hours start to finish... oh baby, I'll take it! It was so different this time around with how quickly she came and how peaceful and smooth everything was. I couldn't believe how lucky we were to have things go so well. We had some awesome nurses and doctor and were so well taken care of. It really was a beautiful morning.
Little Mesa Marie came out screamin! We were glad to know her lungs were working :) She was so little- just 6 lbs. 14 ounces. Brooke was over 8 lbs, so it was really different to see such a little petite babe. They let me hold her for such a long time before they cleaned her up. Matt and I just stared in awe at such a perfect little bundle.
Game time!
It really was a peaceful morning ;)
Meeting Mesa
Our little bundle
A family of four!
I'd say we are all adjusting pretty well to having a new baby in the house. It's overwhelming for sure, but it's so worth it! I'm so lucky to have Matt by my side. He is so good with his daughters and is always willing to help in any way he can. He is extremely patient and loves his family. We love him!
Dad and his girls
Story time
Brooke loves Mesa. She loves to give her kisses, help change her diaper, and give her bottles.
We love having this sweet little spirit in our home. She truly is a gift from Heaven. She is such a good baby; never fussy or irritable, just happy and content sleeping and eating the days away.
We are spoiled.
3 comments:
You're blogging!! I'm so excited. But first thing's first. That sweet little Mesa is so darling. I am so sad that you're not here, because I just really want to hold her right now! I'm *almost* to the baby hungry stage, but have absolutely no desire to be pregnant again any time soon, so holding that sweet thing would just be perfect. And Brooke seriously looks so grown up! I'm so glad she's handling being a big sister like a champ, but I had no doubt about that. So fun.
How are you liking being back in Rexburg? How's Matt liking his job? So many questions. I just need to call or text you one of these days. But for the meantime, keep up the blogging, and I will try and do the same. You're my inspiration!
Love baby update posts! Little Mesa is so adorable!
She's beautiful. And Brooke looks so grown up as a big sister. So happy for your family!
Post a Comment