Saturday, January 15, 2011

Birthday Girl

My beautiful mother had her birthday this week. It was a busy weekday, so we got together at night for some cake and presents. Isn't she pretty?

I made her favorite german chocolate cake for the occasion.. mmm... It was good!
During the summers my dad takes her fishing with him, so he bought her her own fishing pole with pink trim. She LOVED it.

What really made the evening EPIC was the little envelope on the table that no one knew who it was from. She opened it up and there was a clue for a treasure hunt. So we followed her around the house searching for clues and accusing each other of lying because one of us had to have set it up. We were all in a riot trying to figure out who had done this, and then when she got to the "treasure" and pulled out two large bags with a little smirk on her face, I knew that she had set it up for herself! She played completely oblivious the whole time acting like she didn't have a clue. I knew it was her, and once I called her out, we all died laughing. She had bought herself a Wii (of all things!) and had set up a treasure hunt to find it. Goodness we could not stop laughing. It was awesome. Here she is still trying to act oblivious...



What a trickster! I love my mom, she is hilarious, beautiful, talented, and the kindest woman I know. (I won't include the videos of us actually dancing to the Wii ;)



The gift that we gave to her was a certificate for new family pictures! (We combined our monies and set up a session.) We are going to go take them today!


3 comments:

Morgan said...

THAT is the best thing I have ever heard. =)
happy birthday to her!

JeNnA said...

Thats cute! Very clever! I like her! :)

Ashley and Ethan said...

Yes, your mom truly is a sweetheart! I really do love her. That might sound weird but I really mean it. She is an incredible woman and has raised some really great kids. She deserves to get herself a present haha.
She would do something like that! That is seriously hilarious. Your mom can also make me laugh really hard too. Every time I'm with your fam.
You tell your mom, from me, that I wish her a happy, happy birthday!
Love, Andy