Friday, November 27, 2009

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone


SO I figure this is an appropriate time to express mine :) This week has been fantastic.
Oh how I love my family and the time we spend together.

It's been so fun having Jamie here from Utah... sadly Mark couldn't come and we missed him alot!

Thanksgiving was a blast! As we all gathered together, we realized that it was a gathering of only single cousins- It was kinda a rare occasion and we had a great time with it!


After a delicious meal- we are so spoiled- we spent the entire afternoon/evening playing crazy games of ninja, charades, etc. and of course we had a Rook tournament.


My family is truly the greatest blessing I've been given. I love them more than anything. I think grandpa sums it up when he walks in the room and his eyes well up with tears when he sees his family- it's overwhelming.


This morning we finished off the festivities with some basketball, then filled up several rows at the movie theater watching "Blind Side." (It's a good one.)


I have so much to be grateful for. Weeks like this remind me that even tho times can be tough- there is so much good in my life. There are so many people to love. I have been given so much!


4 comments:

JeNnA said...

your title of the update is true! Holidays are the best because it brings everyone together! I wanna see blinside.... jealous!!

K. Lou said...

I wish i was there to join in on the Ninja game. We heard all about it the next day--even the bloody lip part. fun!! Glad you guys could all get together.

Merianne said...

Seeing these pictures of everybody playing games makes me so jealous. I wish more than anything I could have been there. Some of my favorite memories are playing games with all my family and the fun we had. Maybe one day we can have another Walker reunion!

Alexandra Smith said...

okay I saw these pictures and my heart pounded a little harder because I wanted to be there so badly!! Looks like a wonderful weekend.. glad you got to enjoy my brothers for me. :D miss you!