Saturday, September 6, 2008

My New Dwelling Place...

Well I've successfuly spent my first night at my new apartment. I'll admit I woke up having NO idea where I was... but then it all registered a few minutes later that I am no longer living at home, I can no longer run up the stairs and see my cute little brothers face and have long talks with my mother, heck I can't even pour myself a bowl of cereal for breakfast because I can't afford to buy milk yet :) But it will come, I think I'll get used to it, and in fact enjoy it very much! I've met all my roommates and each seems to be very kind and pleasent to be around. My sister and my cousin live right next door, and my home is only a few miles away, but regardless, I'll still consider it a big step for this homebody/mammas girl to be out of the house :)

5 comments:

K. Lou said...

Congratulations on your new surroundings--new car, too. Look at you! Good luck and all that jazz!

JeNnA said...

i moved out like a month after graduation. it was soooo hard. but i never lived at home again.... and i miss it more then anything in this world. good luck with everything!

camille said...

Congrats on the new move! You will love it! It's also great that you still have your family close enough for visits!

Julianne said...

Congrats on the move! And good luck with the whole buying milk thing...maybe we'll send you $3 so you can buy a gallon. Well, make that $4...or $5, depending on where you live. Boo on expensive prices. On second thought, maybe you could start a new trend on eating cereal with water...?

Anyway, have fun!

Heidi said...

Hey! You don't know me but I am a friend of Merianne's. I saw your post on her blog about your friend being on his mission in Budapest. My in-laws are the mission presidents there and I will be visiting there in just over a week. What is your friend's name? Chances are I will meet him if he is near the mission home! I can give him a hello if I get the chance!
Feel free to email me at :
heidihgasser@hotmail.com

Small world!